Did you know that where you put your wifi router in your home can affect the quality of your internet service?
Wifi Router - Do's and Don'ts
- place the router next to thick walls
- store them in cupboards or drawers
- place them behind other household items or ornaments
- place them next to windows (if your router is right next to a window it will essentially be sending the signal outside)
- open doorways to allow the signal to travel through
- adjust the antenna if needed
- try and place it centrally in your home
- reboot your router if and when required
- check all the devices that are connected at one time. Disconnect any devices not being used.
- Remember if you have a 20MBPS package, this is shared with all the devices within your home.
Thursday, July 8, 2021